Monday, January 24, 2011

Cruisin' - Day 1 and 2 - San Antonio

Best. Vacation. EVAH!  Just gotta get that right the hell out there.

We left the house, Saturday morning, at 4:20 am.  Then giggled for an hour every time we said 4:20.  Cuz we are crazy like that.

I had totally checked the map. (days and days ago)  I knew where I was going.  I had it DOWN!  We were on the road baby.

Hours and hours later...I realize that I have totally just added three whole hours to our trip.  THREE!  I went to Ruidoso, Alamogordo, and then to El Paso to reach I10.  Oh yeah.  All unnecessary.  Mental note for the ride home...go through Carlsbad, ya moron.

Twelve hours after we left home, we arrived in San Antonio.  (Little side note here.  I went on 5 car trips in the last relationship.  Every single one was chock full of tears, screaming, threats, and a whole mega ton load of more drama than you can imagine)  Present day...I just spent 12 hours in the car with my super cool man friend and his super cool dog.  12 hours that should have been 8 hours.  12 hours of the most pleasant conversation and book listening and sight seeing that any person could imagine.  This man is a saint.  He really really is.

So we make it to his parents home.  We are literally there like 4 minutes.  We drop off the dog, we look up where we need to be and we head out to my nail appointment.  I have been reading about a Shellac manicure for about a year now.  No one does them around here so I made an appointment in San Antonio to have a manicure and pedicure done.  Let me tell you.  It is worth it.  Today, 9 days later, my nails look like I just walked out of the salon.  There are no chips, no smudges, no cracks, nada.  These are my real nails people, not an acrylic manicure.  IT is awesome.  Even my toes look perfect.

We get back to the 'Rents home and it is visiting time.  The super cool man friends brother comes over and we all get to hang out.  We stayed up late playing cards and enjoying some family time.

Sunday morning we head out to do some shopping.  Five stores later, we come home with only Krispy Kreme donuts.  Oh yeah.  Our priorities are straight.  Brother comes over again and we rope Dad into playing some games.  We played Farkle.  Dad kicked the butt off of us.  He even left at one point to take a shower and we kept going...Dad still won.  I believe there were some shenanigans going on here.

Mom and Dad took us all out dinner.  Even the Brothers wife and kids came.  We went to Olive Garden and hey, when you are at Olive Garden, you are family, right?  Yeah, not so much.  They told us that pants were NOT optional at the dinner table.  Hypocrites.

After dinner, back at the Casa, we got everyone involved in the game playing.  Dad pulled out a game called Apples to Apples.  Funnest game in the world if you have a lot of people.  We played for hours.  I laughed so hard.  Everything that I love about the super cool man friend, came from his parents.  This entire family is just a complete joy to be around.  It was the perfect start to our vacation.

We woke early Monday morning as we needed to get on the road to Galveston.  We packed up, said our goodbyes and headed out for the next leg of our journey.  I totally used the GPS this time.

3 comments:

  1. I am super happy to hear that you enjoyed every bit of the first leg of this journey... you so deserve it!!

    I can't wait to hear more... and see the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The parents loved you!!
    Agree, best vacation ever!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or the Kitteh Gets It!